Great opportunity for an experienced Assembly Team Leader / Leading Hand to join a reputable Australian owned company who manufacture special purpose and emergency service vehicles. With support from the management team, you will work with a strong leadership team in a well-structured, collaborative, team-oriented workshop environment.
The Assembly Team Leader is responsible for:
- leading a lead of 10+ tradespersons, trades assistants and apprentices
- work in accordance with the design, to achieve quality, accuracy, and time requirements.
- Production planning.
- Daily reporting
- Providing technical guidance.
- Ensuring targets are met – production, quality, safety, customer expectations, design expectations, maintenance.
- Capturing & documenting production information including material usage.
- Providing support to the Factory Manager in daily operations.
This role will suit experienced tradesman with leadership experience with a background in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics, Vehicle Body Building, Fabrication, Welding/Boilermaking, Mechanical Engineering or various related industries. In this role you will have:
- A trade qualified with minimum 3 years’ experience (Light/Heavy Vehicle, Body Builder, Welder/Fabricator, Plant, Mechanical fitter)
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- High level of reliability and accountability
- Planning skills
- Basic computer skills
Our client has been manufacturing specialized vehicles for over 50 years and have a strong reputation for their quality workmanship and excellent service.
If you would like to join a company that offers more than just a "Job" send in your resume for a confidential discussion.
Not the job you are after? For more workshop controller roles
or heavy vehicle mechanic jobs, please see our website