Our client is an Australian owned and operated heavy vehicle specialist manufacturing and repairing trailers. We are providing assistance in the search for an experienced workshop foreman to join the team located in their Toowoomba branch. Ideally, you will have foreman experience though skilled Body Builders with decent mechanical skills looking for the next step will be considered.
- Qualifications as a Body Builder or Mechanic
- Previous experience as foreman or controller highly regarded
- A strong background with Truck & Trailers in a dealership environment will put you in front!
- Truck licence desirable
- Strong organisational skills and ability to handle high pressure environments
- Strong communication skills
- People management skills
- Looking after 14 technicians
- 20% on the tools helping
- Giving guidance and mentoring when required
- Running regular tool box meetings
- Assist in opening and closing job cards & delegating work
- Making sure technician’s complete tasks in given time frames
- Some hands-on tasks including general trailer repair & fab work
- Mostly working with trailers, manufacturing vacuum tankers & more
- Suspension change outs, adjusting wheel bearings etc
- Quality checks on completed jobs
- Offering $80k + Car & phone + Bonuses
- Prospects for further progression for the right candidate
- Hours generally Monday to Friday – NO SATURDAYS!
Not the job you are after?
For more workshop managers, heavy vehicle
mechanics, or automotive jobs, please see our website